BS Radiology & Imaging Technology
The aim of the 4 years degree program in Radiology is to skills, techniques and ethical values to enable them to apply their acquired expertise at a level between the doctors and the patient for efferent health service delivery.
GENERAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Develop accuracy and meticulousness to attain high levels of ethics and technical proficiency.
- Access the technical and non-technical skills in a standardized and reproducible environment
- Strengthen the decision power and exercise appropriate judgment skills, to be applied especially and during crisis.
- Develop good leadership, problem solving and administrative skills.
- Develop and analyze innovative strategies for effective communication with the patient and the health care personnel.
- Demonstrate inter disciplinary team building strategies or effective co-ordination between various allied health disciplines.
- Demonstrate understanding of the basic concepts of professional behaviors and legal implementations of work environment.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of his / her role in health care delivery system.
- Establish and maintain continuing education as a faction of growth and maintenance of professional competence.
SPECIFIC LEARNING OUTCOMES
Following competencies will be expected from a student on completing four years degree course in Radiology. The student should be proficient to:
- Provide quality patient care in routine as well as advanced imaging procedures.
- Use digital imaging and information technology equipments competently, through application of the principal and theories of its operation. Evaluate performance characteristics of equipments.
- Implement effective radiation protection program.
- Apply the knowledge of sectional anatomy to relate clinical procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of exposure selection and image processing, and an ability to apply this knowledge.
- Apply the principal of management, organization behavior, supervision, budgeting, human recourse management and labor relations in a medical imaging relation environment.
- Enhance human interaction and performance in a clinical environment by integrating liberal education principles.
SKILLS TO BE LEARNT DURING BS RADIOLOGY COURSE
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the detailed Human Anatomy and Physiology.
- Ability to learn and master the operation of simple / advanced sophisticated imaging machinery.
- Ability to identify trouble-shooting & problems related to the equipments used in Radiology.
- Perform maintenance and corrective measures on imaging instruments, where required.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge and technical skills regarding the diagnostic Radiology Technology including X-Rays, Medical Sonography, Computerized Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medical, Fluoroscopes, and cardiovascular imaging etc.
- Explaining the patient about the procedure, precautions and correct positioning.
- Place the equipment in the proper position in relation to patients body determine the proper machine settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proper usage of the radiation protection equipments.
- Manage small administrative issues of the department including purchase / replacement of the related equipment.
- Maintenance of work records, dye, and chemical storage, up to date methodology and miscellaneous duties.
- Complete work in compliance with the quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of stock solution, controls and equipments.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge of record keeping.
- The ability to analyze and modify the imaging techniques according to the circumstances.
- Attend continuing education programs as funding and work load permits.
- Instruct and teach the junior staff and training technologists
F.Sc Pre-Medical Or Equivalent with 60% Marks
This programme is equivalent to M.Sc since the degree is awarded on successful completion of 16 years of education after higher secondary School Education. Basic training & research work is also included.